I’m not a huge quiche fan but I experimented to come up with this easy recipe the entire family loves. It’s very cheesy, so if you like it less so, just hold up on the grated cheese. I call it Magic Quiche because I can throw it together with pretty much anything I have on hand and it always works! That’s the magic.
Puff pastry sheet
100 grams feta cheese (optional — I like the salty hit from feta)
200-300 grams bacon bits
1/2 cup grated cheese
1 cup light cream (or you can use any other dairy like yoghurt, sour cream, evaporated milk or milk)
1/2 cup veges (I have used many combinations: frozen peas and corn; baby spinach and semi-dried tomatoes; frozen peas, zucchini and fresh tomato; anything really)
2 Tomatoes (for the top (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
A little extra grated cheese to sprinkle on top.
1. Lay a piece of puff pastry in the bottom of a pie dish, allowing the corners to come out above the rim. Blind bake pastry according to the packet instructions.
2. Using your hands, crumble feta cheese over the pastry base.
3. Fry bacon and onion for a few minutes and place evenly over the fetta.
4. Add vegetables on top of the fetta, bacon and onion.
5. In a bowl, lightly mix eggs, cream (or other diary), cheese, salt and pepper.
6. Pour egg mixture over everything else.
7. Place sliced tomato in a pattern on the top of the quiche. This is optional but it looks nice.
8. Sprinkle a little cheese on top.
9. Bake in a 160 degree oven for 40-50 minutes, until the egg is set in the middle.
Printer Friendly: Easy Quiche Recipe
Other Easy Dinner Recipes
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Outdoor Christmas Ideas - December 17, 2014
- Book Review: Bully On the Bus - December 17, 2014
- Christmas Wish List Printable (Want-Need-Wear-Read) - December 14, 2014
- Life-Sized Gingerbread House - December 13, 2014