Meatloaf Recipe

July 6, 2011

meatloaf recipe

This is my sister’s cracker Meatloaf Recipe. It’s the best meatloaf recipe I’ve tried.  The glaze makes it just a bit special.  This recipe feeds 10 people, so you can half it to make a smaller batch, or freeze the leftovers.

Meatloaf Recipe

1 teaspoon coffee

¾ cup tomato sauce

2 tablespoons Worcestershire

½ cup water

½ lemon juice (optional)

What to do:

Meatloaf: Combine all ingredients well and press into a loaf shape. Place meatloaf on a roasting tray with small sides (to hold the glaze).

Glaze: Pour half the glaze over the meat and cook in the oven 180 °C for 30 minutes.  Pour over the rest of the glaze and cook for a further 30 minutes, basking occasionally.

Printer Friendly: Meatloaf Recipe

Leftovers Lunch Box Idea

Lunch: Snow peas & cherry tomato with mini meatloaf with tomato sauce as a dipper

Baked: Mini coconut bread

Fruit: Pear

Snack: Corn on the Cob

lunch box recipe ideas

Other Easy Dinners

Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup Recipe

Zucchini Slice — No Oil Recipe

Easy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe

Savoury Mince Recipe

Hawaiian Ham Steaks

ElizabethNo Gravatar July 6, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Looks yummy and definitely one to try, especially with the coffee in the glaze – magical.

Kelly Be A Fun MumNo Gravatar July 6, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I know!! The coffee is the secret ingredient I think!

MaxabellaNo Gravatar July 7, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I’ve been looking for a good, easy ‘meatloaf’ sort of recipe and you’ve found it for me! Thank you! x

Kelly BNo Gravatar July 7, 2011 at 10:00 pm

I like you Maxabella xx

LyndaNo Gravatar December 13, 2011 at 1:54 pm

I want to try this meatloaf recipe and it may seem like a stupid question BUT it said combine all the dry ingredients and press into a loaf shape does thes include the milk and water?

Kelly Be A Fun MumNo Gravatar December 16, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Thanks Lynda. That’s actually a typo. Thanks for noticing that. It should be combine ALL ingredients. I’ll fix that. So not a stupid question at all. Yes, include the milk and water.

RowenaNo Gravatar September 17, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Just finished your meatloaf recipe,you’re right it is the best one I’ve ever tasted.I just added grated carrot I didn’t have any parsley or curry so I just substituted with chili.With the glacé I just left out the coffee and lemon and halved the amount of brown sugar.The family just loved it so I will definitely be making it again.

Sacramento carpet cleanerNo Gravatar March 13, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Your style is so unique compared to other people I’ve read stuff from.
Thank you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I’ll just
bookmark this web site.