This is one of those throw-together-in-a-hurry meals. It’s embarrassingly simple and a crowd pleaser at my place.
2 cups of uncooked long grain rice
1 tablespoon butter
1 onion diced
1-2 teaspoon of finely diced garlic
1 teaspoon of chili or to taste (fresh or paste)
1 tablespoon of coriander (paste or ground)
300-600 grams diced bacon
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
1 egg (optional)
Extra soy sauce to serve
You can also use fresh herbs (which taste fantastic) but for this recipe, I tend to use pre-packed/dried ingredients because this is one of my whip-up-in-no-time recipes.
1. Cook rice as per instructions and set aside. I cook rice in the microwave.
2. Place butter in a large frying pan.
3. Cook onion for a few minutes.
4. Add garlic and chili and cook for a few minutes.
5. Add coriander.
6. Then add bacon pieces and cook until slightly brown.
7. Add frozen peas, corn and soy sauce and stir to mix. Cook until the vegetables are heated through (about 5 minutes).
8. Crack an egg on the pan ingredients and fold through the hot mixture. I do it this way because it’s quick and fuss free. However, it’s yummy if you whisk up one or two eggs and then in another fry pan, cook them like an omelette. Once cooked, dice egg mixture with a knife and add to the rice as a last step.
9. Stir through cooked rice.
10. Serve. Add soy sauce to taste.
Printer Friendly: Fried Rice Recipe
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Backyard Hurdles - October 25, 2016
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016