“Mum, is this fried rice, like, your secret recipe?”
“Not really. I mean, I made up the recipe but it’s not secret.”
This from is my girl who always has two helpings of my fried rice. In fact, all my kids gobble up this recipe, well not the recipe, but the food. It’s a super simple to make, and I’m going to share the “secret” with you. The entire recipe is basically cheating and is so easy, it’s almost embarrassing.
2 cups of uncooked long grain rice
1 tablespoon butter
1 onion diced
1-2 teaspoon of garlic
1 teaspoon of chili
1 tablespoon of coriander
300-600 grams diced bacon
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
1 egg (optional)
Extra soy sauce to serve
You can use fresh herbs (which taste fantastic) but I use pre-packed ingredients because this is one of my super-quick-whip-up-in-no-time recipes.
1. Cook rice as per instructions and set aside. I cook rice in the microwave.
2. Place butter in a large frying pan.
3. Cook onion for a few minutes.
4. Add garlic and chili and cook for a few minutes.
5. Add coriander.
6. Then bacon pieces and cook until slightly brown.
7. Add frozen peas, corn and soy sauce and stir to mix. Cook until the vegetables are heated through (about 5 minutes).
8. Crack an egg on the frypan ingredients and fold through the hot mixture. (optional)
9. Stir through cooked rice.
10. Serve. Add soy sauce to taste.
There you have it: my embarrassingly easy fried rice recipe!
Printer Friendly: Fried Rice Recipe