Heart Cookie Cutter
Small sharp knife
1. Trim the skin off a whole pineapple and slice thinly so you have roundish pieces.
2. Use a cookie cutter in the centre of each pineapple slice to remove the core. If the cookie cutter doesn’t cut cleanly through the fruit, use a sharp knife to loosen.
3. Cut a slice of watermelon, ensuring the thickness is even.
4. Make heart shaped pieces of watermelon using the cookie cutter. If the cookie cutter doesn’t cut cleanly through the fruit, use a sharp knife to loosen.
5. Place the watermelon heart piece inside the pineapple slice.
- Don’t throw any off-cuts away (even the pineapple core). Pop in a container, and places in the fridge or freezer and use in juices, smoothies or recipes.
- Freeze for a fun frozen treat.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Family Internet Safety - January 26, 2015
- Coffee with Tea: House Tour - January 23, 2015
- Muesli Bar Recipe (nut free) - January 21, 2015
- School Shoes for Kids (plus $250 Mathers/Williams Giveaway) - January 20, 2015