- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- 125 grams coconut oil
- 1 ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups brown puffed rice
- ¼ cup mix of chia seeds (optional: with activated bukinis & amaranth)
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ½ cup preservative free apricots & cranberries
- ½ desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a slice tin (18 x 28cm) with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan, combine rice malt syrup and coconut butter. Stir over medium heat until oil is melted. Reduce to a simmer for 5 mins without stirring.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour over syrup mixture and stir to combine.
- Tip mixture into slice tin and press down firmly. I put a sheet of baking paper on top of mixture and press down hard with both hands.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 mins or until golden. Optional: Drizzle melted cacao over the top. Allow to cool slightly then refrigerate to set. This is important because if you try to cut it straight from the oven, it will fall apart. It must be set in the fridge and overnight is best.
- Once hard, cut to size. Store in fridge in airtight container.
The following two tabs change content below.
Kelly loves life at both ends of the spectrum: wearing high heel shoes one day and hiking boots the next; sipping tea out of a pretty cup and slurping hot coffee from a camping mug; challenging herself physically and stopping for quiet unhurried moments to feel the wind on her face. Kelly and her husband Matthew seek to live a fun and adventurous life with their four children and pet bird.