Hi everyone, Amanda from ‘Simple home cook’ here. I’m back with another recipe that is simple, delicious and just in time for ANZAC day. It is also great for lunchboxes too.
I do love ANZAC cookies but if you are short on time and can’t be bothered adding tablespoons of mixture onto a tray, then dump it all in, press it down and bake as a slice. It is much quicker and just as good.
Amanda (Simple Home Cook)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 125g butter
- 3 Tbspn maple or golden syrup
- 3 Tbspn water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Line a slice tin (18 x 28cm) with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add flour, oats, sugar & coconut. Stir to combine.
- In a saucepan, add butter, syrup & water. Cook over medium to high heat until melted together. Remove from heat. Add bicarb soda & stir. Pour over oat mixture & stir to combine.
- Pour into slice tin & press down firmly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 mins or until golden.
- Refrigerate to set before cutting into pieces.
Post written by Amanda Arnold
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have a facebook page called ‘Simple home cook’ where I share my recipes which will get you through your busy week that won’t break your budget. Please head over and check out my FB pages ‘Simple home cook’ and ‘ALDI home cook’.