Hi everyone! Simple Home Cook here to give you a lovely recipe that is perfect for that after school snack. These sesame bars are simple to make, use minimal ingredients and are much cheaper than store bought varieties – not to mention, using less packaging.
This recipe does contain peanut butter so if your school doesn’t allow any form of nuts in lunchboxes, then I would substitute peanut butter for ordinary butter.
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup peanut butter (or 125g butter)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 100g pkt sesame seeds (almost 1 cup)
- Line a slice tin (18cm x 28cm) with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add honey and peanut butter (or butter). Stir over high heat and stir until just starting to boil. If using butter, allow to boil and froth. Remove from heat.
- Add oats, coconut and seeds into honey mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour into lined tin and press down firmly. Refrigerate for a few hours until set. Cut into bars and store in the fridge.