In a recent haul of beach treasures, we found a few scallop shells. They are a clam shape with a flat back, so I thought they would be perfect for hair clips. The clips turned out so well and my daughter loved it!
I love these sorts of activities that are a natural flow on from family adventures (like this pebble footprints).
- Shell – I used a scallop shell which make this craft super easy because it’s flat at the back. A more rounded clam-like shell would work too but it would need to be filled with a moulding material so it’s flat at the base.
- Hair clip – you can buy hair clips for craft at places like discount stores and Spotlight
- Hot glue
- Holiday craft
- Older children birthday party craft
- Just to wear
- Mermaid costume
- Shell craft
1. Clean shells well. There are many different ways to clean shells, just google ‘how to clean shells’. I tend to just wash them in soapy water and use a toothbrush to clean them. Then I leave them outside to dry.
2. Glue shell on to clip.
3. That’s it! If you want the shell to look more glossy, paint it with clear nail polish.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Backyard Hurdles - October 25, 2016
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016