I’ve done a lot of Christmas themed table centrepieces over the years and this is one of my favourites. I adore the look of twigs, because they really bring the rustic look of the outdoors inside, and it’s cheap and easy too!
I did this table feature project last year using cardboard and washi tape decorations (you can find the printable for these at the end of the post). Aren’t they delightful!
- Light card
- Single hole punch
- Washi tape (different colours)
1. Print template on paper, or for best results, on light card
2. Cut around the first line of the image (so cut a rectangle box around the first line of two stars or two trees). The reason for this is it makes it easier to apply the washi tape.
3. Apply washi tape lines completely over the front and back (so it’s double sided) of the section of cardboard (you should be able to see the template lines underneath unless the tape is very dark).
4. Cut out the two shapes.
5. Punch a hole in the top and add twine.
6. Hang on the twig tree or Christmas tree.
- Cover only one side of the decorations and leave the other side blank so everyone in the family can write a message, maybe something they are grateful for, and read them out on New Year’s Eve.
- Forget the washi tape and print the template directly on to light coloured/patterned card for a quicker option.
- Use the template to make gift cards!
Use a tall vase (with pebbles in the base for weight) for best results when arranging twigs.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Backyard Hurdles - October 25, 2016
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016