The last school holidays, I did up a school holiday box, and one of the things I like to keep in there is chalk because it’s handy for all kinds of activities. Below are some ideas:
- Play hopscotch
- Just draw anything
- Hit the target
- Draw stepping stones across the driveway and the kids can pretend they are crossing lava or water or something. A good way to add to imaginative play.
- Draw roads for cars. This can also be done on pavers.
- Play a big outdoor version of naughts and crosses.
Another idea is to do chalk scenes and include the kids as part of it. If you google ‘chalk scenes’ there’s heaps of inspiration. It’s a fun thing to do, or even as a Christmas/Family card idea. This started as a drawing activity, and the kids worked on different things.
When I went to check on how they were going, they told me to lie down, and unbeknownst to me, they turned me into an Angel.
Then we all got caught up in turning each person into something. It was so fun because the subject didn’t know what they were being turned into.
A fun game idea to keep in mind for the Summer!
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016
- A Mural - October 17, 2016