Hi everyone! Amanda from Simple home cook here and I have a great lunch box item to share with you. Banana muffins appear in our lunchboxes pretty often but this time I have added some blueberries. Not only are they moist, they taste great and kids love them.
If you are not a fan of blueberries, you can leave them out altogether or substitute them for raspberries or choc chips. They are easy to make and this recipe makes 18 so they go along way. They are also great for the freezer so make a double batch and you will have them on hand for weeks.
Banana & Blueberry Muffins
Makes approx. 18
- 125g butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp mixed spice (or cinnamon)
- 1 cup mashed banana (approx. 2 ripe bananas)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line 2 muffin pans with cases – you will need approx. 18.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light & fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Sift flour, bicarb soda & mixed spice into the mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add banana, sour cream & milk. Beat well.
- Stir through blueberries.
- Spoon evenly into muffin cases & bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 mins or until cooked through.
Post written by Amanda Arnold.
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have a facebook page called ‘Simple home cook’ where I share my recipes which will get you through your busy week that won’t break your budget. Please head over and check out my FB pages ‘Simple home cook’ and ‘ALDI home cook’.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Backyard Hurdles - October 25, 2016
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016