I can’t speak highly enough about the breakfasts by Jenny from Hello Great Health. They are so good for you, and the best thing is Jenny tells you how to be prepared well in advance so an amazing breakfast is easy. I have published 5 overnight breakfasts by Jenny, and you can find them here: Breakfasts you can make the night before.
Below are 5 more breakfasts to try. Set yourself a challenge! Do the breakfasts for a week and feel the difference. Jenny has heaps more recipes like this in her ebooks: Hello Great Health Cookbooks
Put some variety and nutrition into the start of your day with my healthy and delicious breakfast puddings. These recipes are really easy to double or triple if you are feeding others or if you want to have a few in the fridge ready to go for the week.
APPLE COCONUT BUCKWHEAT PARFAIT
½ cup raw buckwheat (soak in water in the fridge overnight)
½ cup plain yogurt (use coconut yogurt if avoiding dairy)
2 apples or ½ cup applesauce/pureed apple
2 tablespoons flaxmeal
1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon stevia (honey or maple syrup would be great too)
- IF USING APPLES: Wash and core apples, add to a small saucepan with ¼ cup water and bring to a gentle simmer for 8 minutes.
- Once cooked leave apples to cool, do not drain (I make this the night before when I measure out my buckwheat and soak).
- In morning drain and rinse buckwheat and add to food processor or blender together with apple mixture, flaxmeal and stevia. Blend well. (I usually stop the blender to scrape down the sides and then blend again)
- Add yogurt and coconut and blend again.
- Spoon into jars, cups or bowls and add some extra yogurt and coconut toppings.
PEACHY COCONUT CHIA PUDDING
I large peach
1 cup milk (I used rice milk)
4 tablespoons chia seeds
- Wash peach, core and add to blender – blend well.
- Add chia and milk and blend again.
- Pour into two serving cups and chill in fridge overnight.
- Top with extra wedges of peach, shredded coconut, a drizzle of honey or natural yogurt.
APPLE + CINNAMON PORRIDGE
1 cup raw buckwheat (soaked in water overnight)
1.5 cups water
1 large or 2 small apples
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Soak buckwheat in water at room temperature overnight.
- In morning, drain and rinse the buckwheat.
- Add buckwheat and water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until buckwheat has softened and majority of liquid evaporated (about 10 minutes). [6m/100/0.5] then [10m/80/0.5]
- Add eggs and mix in well. Heat for another minute or two. [2m/80/0.5]
- Add apple and cinnamon, mix in and heat through.
- Remove from heat and serve warm with toppings.
CHOC-BANANA CREAM PIE
This creamy jar of deliciousness is dessert for breakfast at its finest – full of protein, calcium and potassium.
1 cup natural yogurt (use coconut yogurt if avoiding dairy)
2 tablespoons peanut butter (I used Mayvers Chocolate Peanut Spread)
1 large banana
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon stevia
2 tablespoons coconut chips for topping + extra banana
(I also used some Pure Harvest Coco Spread to drizzle over the top of mine, it’s a new product to hit the supermarket shelves, it’s a fantastic sugar-free alternative to Nutella)
- Mix yogurt, peanut butter, cacao, banana and stevia together.
- Spoon into two large jars and leave to set overnight.
- In morning top with coconut chips, sliced banana and chocolate spread.
MUESLI BAR IN A JAR
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup milk (I used rice milk)
¼ cup yogurt
1 red apple
1 tab water
1 tab sesame seeds
1 tab pumpkin seeds
1 tab sunflower seeds
½ tablespoon flax, flaxmeal or LSA
2 tablespoons chia
½ tablespoon honey or 2 sachets of stevia
- Core apple and dice finely.
- Using a blender or mini food processor blend apple and 1 tablespoon of water together.
- Mix apple mixture in a large container with remaining ingredients.
- Place in fridge overnight.
- Before eating give your pudding a stir and serve out into small bowls or jars. Add more milk to get to desired consistency if necessary.
- Add toppings (yogurt, shredded coconut, berries, etc) and eat.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016
- A Mural - October 17, 2016