We are a book loving family and the kids make their own books often. I already had the words for a Father’s Day Printable and so we made it into a mini book too. It’s really very easy to make, and would make a wonderful gift/card idea for Father’s Day.
Words by Kelly Burstow. Design by Liss Smith.
- 7 pieces of cardstock – 152 x 152mm square
- Washi/Coloured Duct Tape
- Father’s Day Book Printable
- Colouring pens
1. Print the book template.
2. Fill in the blanks and colour in the border.
I you like you can use this printable as a practice copy. Press the picture for the PDF file.
3. Cut out each box, keeping the corresponding pages together.
4. Putting it all together is easy, but there is a bit of a process involved, which I have demonstrated in the video below. You need 7 pieces of cardstock for this mini book. First loosely put it all together to resemble a book. Place each matching page together with the text/border pages facing inwards.
5. Between each double page layer (the design side of the paper pieces should be facing together), put a piece of cardstock.
6. When the book is all ready to go, it’s a matter of gluing all the paper pages on to the cardstock so it reads like a book.
7. Stick the cover page on the front and decorate if desired. We used cute banana patterned duct tape to line the cover and my daughter decorated it.
8. I used a regular stapler along the edge, then covered with duct tape to finish it all off.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Backyard Hurdles - October 25, 2016
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016