This school holidays, I planned for the kids to decorate their own pillowcases as an activity. They loved it, and the children were all so proud of their final product.
1. It’s a good idea to do a bit of practice on paper before beginning the design on the pillowcase.
- Favourite things
- An entire scene
- A quote or words
2. Once the kids are ready to go, insert a piece of paper (baking paper could be cut to size) inside the pillowcase. This will ensure the pen ink doesn’t go right through to the other side. Tip: If using a regular piece of paper, just move it around as you draw on the case.
3. Use fabric pen to draw on the design. These are easy to work with and you can find them at craft, supermarket and some discount stores.
4. Once the design is finished, iron on cotton setting (or as per pen brand instructions) for about 5 minutes to set the colour. Wash (separately on cold) and it’s ready for use!
Some of the children’s designs
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016
- A Mural - October 17, 2016