My daughter discovered a Tv, iPad & computer free entertainment today! Its a miracle! She made her own show this afternoon very simply with a box, a torch and baking paper!
- Baking Paper
- Paddle Pop Sticks
- White Paper
- Lead Pencil
- Glue Stick
Making Shadow Box
1. Cut the top and bottom out of the box, leaving just the four sides.
2. Measure baking paper to fit one side (with a 5 cm border).
3. Use glue to stick the paper overlap to the side of the box. You could use tape instead of glue.
4. Draw simple pictures on white paper or you can search for templates on the web (e.g. this sea animal printout would work too)
5. Cut out picture including windows or door shapes so the light shines through.
6. Sticky tape or glue a paddle pop stick behind the picture.
It’s Show Time!
7. Shine the torch in the box and start your show! My daughter made the Three Little Pigs and retold the story to her Grandma! Such a fun way to spend the holidays