Hi everyone! Today I am sharing an easy family meal that has been a hit with many people, especially children. If you don’t like creamy pastas, then perhaps you would prefer this as a side dish to accompany a chicken dinner. It is also perfect to make ahead and have in the fridge until dinner time when you pop it into the oven. Great for those busy afternoons that are taken up with after school sports, work or homework!
Amanda (Simple home cook)
Ham & Cheese Macaroni Bake
- 250g macaroni
- 50g butter
- 4 Tbspn plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 100g ham, roughly chopped
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Spray oil
- Cook & drain macaroni according to packet instructions. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour & salt & whisk until combined.
- Pour in cream & 1 cup of milk & bring to the boil. Whisk until mixture thickens.
- Add cheese & remaining milk & whisk until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- In a large baking dish, combine macaroni, cheese sauce & ham. Top with breadcrumbs.
- Cover & refrigerate until required.
- Preheat oven to 200o Lightly spray top with oil & bake, uncovered for 40 mins or until golden. If cooking immediately after preparing, reduce cooking time to 25 mins.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Backyard Hurdles - October 25, 2016
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016