I caught up with a friend recently. This friend of mine has travelled extensively all around the world.
“Oh, I love the United Emirates!” she said when I told her about my upcoming trip to Dubai.
I can’t quite believe I’m heading there myself! If you missed the first post in this series, you can find it here. I’ve organised my children so they will be well looked after, and I’m really starting to get excited now! This is my 4-days-until-Dubai-face.
And this is my 15 second Don’t Miss It! promotion. I had a lot of fun making it. Can you tell? The best way to see the places I’ll visit when I’m in Dubai is to follow my Instagram profile @beafunmum (and visit here on the blog too).
Hashtags: #BAFM_Travel #MyDubai #Nuffnang
Don’t Miss It!
I’ve done a lot of Googling in the past weeks, and the more I find out about Dubai, the more I long to take my husband and children with me. It’s an oasis tucked away in the desert and there are many wonderful places for families to visit and experience. However, this way, I can scope out all the great places for some other time in the future when we can all go.
Below are the places I am looking forward to visiting.
1. Atlantis Aquaventure
My kids would go berserk over this place! Atlantis Aquaventure is the largest waterpark in Dubai, with over 42 acres of fun! There’s even a slide that goes through a shark lagoon!
2. Ski Dubai Snow Resort
I’ve water skied before, but never on snow and I would love to give it a go. The snow resort is at Mall of the Emirates so you can shop, then ski, or ski, then shop! Ski Dubai Snow Resort is the world’s largest indoor snow park. There’s even a 400-meter chairlift.
3. Sundowner Desert Safari
The desert holds a mysterious quality about it, and one of the things I love most is exploring out in vast places. I’m looking forward to an afternoon drive over sand dunes into the desert…and experiencing a feast under the stars.
Dubai is home to the largest mall IN THE WORLD! Hello Christmas Shopping! That is very cool, and I’m also very interested in the markets, cultural displays and exploring The Old Town.
5. Sleeping in a large bed all to myself!
I’ll be staying at The Address Downtown in Dubai, which one of three hotels right at the heart of the action. AND I will be sleeping (and hopefully sleeping in a little) in a bed like this. Ah, I tell you, it’s the little luxuries like this as a mum that I relish. But I know, I just know, that I will miss the morning visits from my little people. My son is usually the one that wakes me up first thing of a morning (he’s an early riser) with, “Mum, it’s your boy.” Or: “Hello Beautiful Mum.” Yes, I’ll miss that.
I’m almost packed for the trip and I thought I would share some of my favourite things to take with me when I travel.
- Large Zip Lock Bags – These are uber useful for anything from wet clothes and make up to storing clean clothes in your carry on bag and separating dirty shoes from the rest of your luggage.
- Scarves are excellent for travel because you can dress up or down an outfit.
- Head pillow – for the plane.
- Sacha Drake Convertible Dress – I love this dress and it’s fabulous for travel because it doesn’t need ironing and you can adapt the looks for different events.
- Intimo Long Wrap – for travelling on the plane and it’s my go-to cardi for air-conditioning inside.
- Make up:
- I avoid powders. It’s easy for them to break up when travelling so I opt for cream (blush/eye make up) when possible.
- Travel sized make up and beauty products are fabulous. (Like the ones you get in a gift with purchase). Benefit Cosmetics has a lot of travel-sized products I like.
- I prefer trays of lip gloss or lip stain with a screw on lid over lipstick with a slip on lid.
- I always take my Norwex face washer with me. It’s great for removing make up or just for a face quick freshen up.
- Necklaces – I like wearing necklaces but I never bring my expensive pieces when I travel. I usually bring wooden or plastic necklaces that can dress up or theme an outfit.
- I prefer roll on deodorant when I travel. It’s more plane-friendly, and I find screw on lids better for travel than pop-off lids that come with most aerosols.
- Dry shampoo is the BEST stuff, especially for humid places.
- I take a mobile phone portable battery charger pack. When I take a lot of photos on my mobile phone, it deplete the battery. I charge the pack overnight and then pop it in my day bag of a morning. They can purchased for under $50.
- A backpack is so much more practical than a handbag so I always take a small one for long days out and about.
I’ve had Borne Naked beauty bags for years and they are fabulous! They are clear so it’s easy to what is in them (and they come in different sizes).
I’m a shoe person, and my three favourite shoe brands to travel to warm destinations are Holster Shoes (the prettiest waterproof thongs you will ever find!), Mox Shoes (my go-to flats) and Crocs Wedges (these look fantastic – no they are not clogs – and they are extremely lightweight so great for travelling). Oh, and my running shoes too. I’ll try and make sure I find a treadmill and keep moving while I’m over there! I will probably pack some heels for evening events too.
The next post I write will be from Dubai! Bring. It. On.
Is there anything particular you want to see on the blog about Dubai? Leave me a message below.