I have my lunch box staples: stuff I know the kids like. I also like to mix things up sometimes and try new things I can (hopefully) add to my lunch box food repertoire. I found another one winner with my kids: a lunch box friendly (and nut free) trail mix.
Just three things in it:
- Pretzels, Popcorn & Sultanas
It’s a nice sweet/salty snack. Not amazingly nutritious but neither is it really nasty either.
Ham & Cheese Sandwich on multigrain
Popcorn, Pretzel & Sultana Trail Mix
I found this helpful article about building trail mixes with many different combination ideas (some with nuts, some with out).
- Pretzels, Popcorn & Cheerios
- Pretzels, Popcorn & Craisins
- Shredded Wheat Cereal, Sunflower Seeds & Goji Berries
- Brand flakes, Oats & Dried Apricot (cut up)
Sometimes I do only popcorn, or pretzels, or sultanas and sometimes all together. It all counts as lunch box options. Variety!!
Mini Quiche & Salad
100% Fruit Juice
* The lunch boxes are Bento Laptop Lunch Boxes and you can read my review of them in the link below.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Outdoor Christmas Ideas - December 17, 2014
- Book Review: Bully On the Bus - December 17, 2014
- Christmas Wish List Printable (Want-Need-Wear-Read) - December 14, 2014
- Life-Sized Gingerbread House - December 13, 2014