This is my go-to hairstyle when my hair is dirty, when I’m going out or when I don’t have time to style it (but I need to go somewhere and look presentable). When I wear my hair like this, people often comment how glamorous it looks but honestly, it’s just so easy to do and suitable for most med-long length hair.
It looks good with a clip or simple without any embellishment too.
Bobby pins (3-10 depending on length/thickness of hair)
It’s a bit tricky doing it without a mirror but this video demonstrates how to do this style.
1. Loosely Part hair to one side and pull back into a pony tail (middle of your head).
2. Twist hair up towards the top of your head.
3. Create half a bun by looping your hair around.
4. Then tuck the excess hair inside the roll.
5. Secure hair with bobby bins, placed in behind and on the top of the roll.
6. Gently comb the sides to adjust any bumps.
7. Hair spray.
Fringe or No Fringe
This hair style works if you have a fringe or not. I do it with both, depending on how long my hair is i.e. how long since I’ve been to the hairdresser (March 2014 was my last cut). I usually wear a fringe to the side (as per the first pics) and I simply comb it to the side and spray. Or, if my fringe is longer (as the pic below) I incorporate the fringe into the pulled-back hair and wear it like that.
To make this style sit a little higher at the front, tease the front section with a brush, before smoothing the top section slightly to the side. And then follow the instructions above.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Outdoor Christmas Ideas - December 17, 2014
- Book Review: Bully On the Bus - December 17, 2014
- Christmas Wish List Printable (Want-Need-Wear-Read) - December 14, 2014
- Life-Sized Gingerbread House - December 13, 2014