I made a big batch of these zucchini and parmesan fritters for dinner and used the leftovers in the lunch box the next day. My kids enjoyed them!
Zucchini & Parmesan Fritters
This is a simple and easy meal to make. I use a variations of this recipe.
2 large /3 medium zucchini (about 400g)
75g self-raising flour (1/2 cup)
40g parmesan cheese, grated (1/2 cup)
1 clove garlic, minced or very finely diced
2 eggs, lightly whisked
1/4 cup fresh continental parsley, chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste
Olive oil frying
1. Grate zucchini.
2. Press out excess water from zucchini. It’s easy to do by pressing the zucchini in a colander.
3. Add all ingredients to a bowl (expect for oil).
4. Stir through.
5. Cover base of frypan with oil and heat.
6. Spoon approximately two tablespoons of the zucchini mixture per patty into the oil.
7. Brown on each side.
8. Place patties on a baking try and finish off in an 180°C oven for 10-15 minutes.
Variation: Add 150-200 grams bacon pieces or a little chilli for a bit of heat.
Thermomix: Cut zucchini up into rough chunks and place in bowl. Mix speed 5 for 4 seconds. Remove from bowl and remove excess water by pressing zucchini into colander. Add all ingredients (except for oil) to the bowl and mix on speed 5 for 5 seconds. Then follow from step 5 above.
Yes, I need a new fry pan..
I’ve made these before with grated carrot added too (1 carrot and a little less zucchini). Diced bacon would work well too!
Zucchini & Parmesan Fritters work a treat in the lunch box. Can be frozen too.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Coffee with Tea: House Tour - January 23, 2015
- Muesli Bar Recipe (nut free) - January 21, 2015
- School Shoes for Kids (plus $250 Mathers/Williams Giveaway) - January 20, 2015
- DIY Miniature Grassy Hill in the Backyard - January 20, 2015