This week on the blog, I’m doing giveaways! The first giveaway, Win a Year’s Supply of Radiant, is still running and you can find details on how to enter here. Next up, I have something more glamorous and delicious than the washing. It started with a busy couple of weeks, a friend and Downtown Abbey.
So what has Downtown Abbey have to do with hot chocolate? Well, nothing really. But I do have all these gorgeous hot chocolate flavours in the pantry at the moment for this write-up for Jarrah: frothy classic, white chocolate, hazelnut, extreme chocolate, mint and orange.
When I was a teen, I remember my mum keeping Jarrah Vienna Cinnamon Coffee in the cupboard and I had forgotten about it until now (I loved it). Such a pleasant memory! It’s interesting how tastes and smells can take you back somewhere in your past so strongly.
Getting back to Downtown Abbey. It’s been an exhausting couple of weeks. There’s not really anything extra happening here, but I think it’s just the end of term and the kids are tired and the wheels are falling off. My husband is away and while I wouldn’t say I’m lonely, my morale is a bit low.
I texted my friend (me: blue, she: grey) and this is how it went down.
We are both are only just starting on Season 1 of Downtown Abbey (we are a bit behind – ha!) and so we lounged on the sofa talking about the elegance of the fashion, the fascinating politics and etiquette of the period and analysing the characters and their position in the household. A much-much appreciated break in the week, I can tell you!
The fashion in this period drama is absolutely stunning!
Later I pulled out the hot chocolate. I’ve enjoyed having a stash in the pantry. Just the other week my sister was here for the afternoon, and I made her up a mint flavour. “What is this? It’s divine!” she said. I felt happy to see her happy. My hero-of-the-week friend decided on the white chocolate one. I like the classic best.
I sent my friend home with her own stash of Jarrah hot chocolate flavours to trial, and challenged her to write me a spiel about how she went. And…go:
“I try to make healthy food choices, I really do. But I’m not gonna lie to you, sometimes I feel like chocolate…sweet, creamy, rich chocolate. My weak times are like clockwork…it’s either 10am with my coffee, 3.30pm after school drop off or 8.30pm when my dinner/bedtime duties are over. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think having a small sweet treat is totally forbidden, but if I had a snickers every time I felt like it, I’d be reversing all the progress I’ve made with my fitness this year.
So, here’s what I do, when those sweet cravings hit, I trick my brain into thinking I’ve satisfied them by drinking a Jarrah hot chocolate. Seriously, I don’t know how they are 99% fat free…they taste so good!
There are even different flavours to suit every mood! Just substitute the first option for a Jarrah with less calories!”
Ha! Love that girl! Here’s to friendship, to period dramas, to hot chocolate, to memories.
- Low in fat and calories, Jarrah drinks are a convenient and delicious hot beverage and contain no caffeine.
- Delicious range of flavours – classics including Frothy Classic, White Chocolate and Extreme Chocolate, as well as exciting chocolate flavours including mint, hazelnut and orange.
- Convenience – portion controlled single serve sticks. Easy to carry in your handbag, or to have stashed in your drawer at work. Just add hot water for a creamy, hot chocolate drink!
- The Jarrah range is proudly made in Australia in our Rowville Victoria factory – the drinking chocolate range proudly supports the Australian Made certification.
- Available at Coles and Woolworths and leading independents.
- RRP $5.40 per 10 pack
- Head to the Jarrah website for more info.
**Giveaway now ended. Congratulations Jill Macmullen**
Hello giveaway. I have 1 prize pack of the full range of Jarrah products: that’s one packet of each flavour (RRP $47.40) plus a mug so you’re all set to go.
To enter, in the comments below, tell me about that time of day when you need to regroup. For me it’s 2:30pm, just before I get the kids from school. I usually take a quiet moment before the afternoon craziness!
Giveaway open 9:01 am AEST on Tuesday 24 June 2014 and end 5:00 pm AEST on Friday 4 July 2014.
Read the T & Cs here.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- A Child-Sized City, Run by Kids: KidZania in Dubai - January 27, 2015
- Family Internet Safety - January 26, 2015
- 10 Ways to Entertain Kids on a Road Trip - January 24, 2015
- Coffee with Tea: House Tour - January 23, 2015