A huge thanks to my giveaway sponsors this week. You can still enter my other two giveaways this week here and here. I’ve left my favourite giveaway to last: win a school term’s worth of nudie juice. Would be a great head start to term 3!
Sponsored by nudie (S1 post)
I paused at the juice popper aisle in the supermarket, looking for juice to include for a picnic. I stood there for a while, scanning the rows, looking for a product with 100% juice. Like juice-juice; made from fruit and not from concentrate. Juice is one of those things that I’m particular about buying. It just has to be real fruit juice otherwise it doesn’t make sense!
Then there’s nudie juice: I’ve known about the nudie brand for a while – and the kids love it – but it had gone off my radar, I think because the packs of juice (6 pack) are kept in the cold section (at Woolworths). Plus, I didn’t realise the juice can keep in the cupboard for 9 months and so I’m excited about that and want to raise awareness about why nudie juice is great.
Here are some key things I’ve learned about nudie juice:
- It is nothing but 100% fruit juice (NOT from concentrate)
- It has NO added sugar
- It has NO added preservatives, flavours or artificial colours
- It contains 2 serves of fruit in every pack (1 serve can count towards a child’s RDI of fruit according to the Australian Dietary Guidelines)
- It is found in the chilled section at Woolworths (but can also last up to nine months in your cupboard…so it is definitely worth stocking up on!)
- There are 4 delicious flavours to choose from:
- nothing but 2.6* oranges
- nothing but 2.5* apples
- nothing but tropical juice
- nothing but apple & blackcurrant juice
*on average, give or take a few
- Both the apple and orange flavours are made using 100% Australian fruit
More info here.
There’s also a fun learning opportunity for kids here too and nudie have fun colouring in pages children can download and enjoy.
In the lunch box
Recently I wrote about our family food values, and one of the things I’ve been working on is making more food from scratch (so I know exactly what has gone into the food) and learning about what is in the packaged food I buy. The quality of some food items (like juice) is more important to me than others.
When it comes to the lunch box, I see it as a great opportunity to pack in nutritious food. I don’t always buy juice for the lunch box; it’s about balance and I like whole fruit too. However, when I do include juice, the kids love it: on sport days or just to mix things up. Plus I find juice is quick and easy for those stages when kids are so busy, and sometimes find it hard to get through everything in the lunch box.I had to include here that my kids think the nudie straws are fantastic! They are fun because they extend. Check it out (click below to play).
Below are some recent lunch boxes I made for my kids. The key to building great lunchboxes is to think about how to utilise food in three sections: Freezer, fridge and pantry. I make as much as I can beforehand and freeze. So for example food items like, zucchini fritters, zucchini slice, quiche, scrolls, muffins, slices and fruit balls can all be made ahead of time and then it’s as easy this on a school morning:
- Freezer: Pull out food items directly from freezer
- Fridge: Include fresh items (like vegetables; can cut up the night before)
- Pantry: Anything extra from pantry (like crackers/juice)
Done. Lunchboxes I’m happy with (and the kids too!).
Zucchini Fritters & Salad
kids nudie nothing but tropical juice
kids nudie nothing but 2.6* oranges
Raw Carrot Ball
nudie nothing but 2.5 appl
Zucchini Fritter & Ham Sandwich
Cheese & Cherry Tomato
kids nothing but apple & blackcurrant juice
Winning. Happy all round.
**Giveaway ended. Congratulation Melissa Virtue**
A huge thanks to nudie, I’m giving away a school term’s supply of kids nudie juice (96 units). All you need to do answer this question in the comments below:
How do you select what you include in your kids’ lunchbox?
Terms & Conditions:
1. You must be an Australian resident and over 18 years old to enter
2. You must provide a valid email address and entries are limited to one per household
3. Giveaway period is from 9:00 am AEST on 27 June 2014 to close at 9:00 pm AEST on 4 July 2014.
4. Prize includes a ‘term’s supply’ of kids nudie juice (96 units)
5. The winner will be contacted by email within 48 hours of the competition closing and announced on this blog post.
6. The winner must contact me via reply email within 72 hours or the prize will be re-drawn.
7. The winner agrees to have their contact details passed on to the appropriate promotion agency or brand representative who will send out/organise the prizes directly.
8. Entries will be judged on merit and creativity.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Backyard Hurdles - October 25, 2016
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016