Cheesecake Cream Cheese Cupcake Frosting
Are you a cheesecake fan too? I LOVE cheesecake, so I came up with this yummy frosting recipe for cupcake decorating.
125 grams of room temperature non-salted butter
200 grams cream cheese (lite is fine)
1 cup icing sugar (Low GI version tastes fantastic & you can use less)
1 tsp vanilla essence
¼ tsp zest of lemon (not necessary, but adds extra flavour)
1. Beat the butter and cream cheese together with electronic beaters for approximately 3 minutes. The mix needs to be fluffy in appearance.
2. Add in vanilla essence and beat again.
3. Add icing sugar and beat on slow (alternatively, fold into mix with a spoon).
4. Add zest of lemon and mix in well.
5. Place in airtight container and pop in fridge until cold. For extra ‘cheesecake’ flavour, leave the mix over night in the fridge and makes piping much easier.
About Renee Nugent
Hi, I’m Renee and I’m a self confessed fun maker. Whilst I’m not the world’s best gardener (I’ve killed cactus), I believe that getting my kids gardening is one of the most important experiences I can give them as a parent. It’s my way to teach them about the environment, food production, healthy living, science and sustainable practices in a fun and physical way. I love that they are willing to taste our garden produce and that we incorporate many of our garden ‘treasures’ into our craft activities.
So don’t let past gardening failures burden you, we’ve all killed plants and that’s OK. Just get out there and garden with your kids, because…..well…..it’s fun!
Find more of my garden fun here www.aboutthegarden.com.au