Sponsored (S2 post)
This dress is like a dream! I absolutely adore wearing it. Rave-rave-rave.
I was introduced to Australian designer Sacha Drake back in 2011 by fellow bloggers Louisa Claire (she looks smashing in this striped dress) and Nikki from Styling You (who is looks gorgeous in the same dress). The Sacha Drake brand was established in my home town Brisbane in 2002, and I love discovering and talking about amazing Aussie talent. Sacha is a genius, GENIUS, when it comes to dressing woman’s bodies of all shapes and sizes. I’m a huge fan, and today I’m talking about the convertible Sacha Drake dresses, and you can win one, just in time for Mother’s Day, YAY!
At the recent Digital Parents Conference on the Carnival Spirit Cruise Ship, I wore the dress (different ways) to the dinner functions (picture here). It doesn’t really need ironing so it’s the perfect dress to throw in a bag when travelling. Each time I wear this dress, people comment at how gorgeous it is. When I was at the conference, I even had someone stop me in the lift to ask me about it.
It’s how the dress falls in waves around your body; it makes you feel feminine, elegant and strong. When I wear it, I find myself celebrating the joy of being a woman; the way the dress moves and fits my body embodies the beautiful balance between sensitivity and strength. I feel a dreamy smile appear on my face and a softness come to my step like I can walk on the clouds. Ah, what a wonderful dress can do, yes?
Below is some of the ways I wear the Grecian dress, and there are still, many-many-many other ways to explore (check out the video further below for more ways to wear the dress). You can twist and wrap the pleated straps to create different looks that contour your body without the clinging factor. Another great convertible dress to look at is the Sacha Drake Ultimate Black Dress which is even more versatile and can be worn more than 20 ways.
L to R:
1. Cross over front/back with belt (thin straps), silver drop earrings, silver bracket
2. Strapless, twist feature over bust – with Kellie Christie Button Necklace (another Brissy designer)
3. One shoulder – long emerald green dangly earrings
4. V neck cross over – single jewel on circle wire necklace, drop earrings
5. Strapless casual style – with a heap of silver bangles
6. Cross over front/back (thick straps) – with nothing by my wedding ring
You can adjust and wear this dress for the occasion (dress it up or down), your mood, and for your body shape. Below is one of my favourite way to wear the dress, either with thick cross over straps (as shown below) or with thin straps and a belt (as the first image). I have broad shoulders and more of a column body shape so this style works well.
Front / Back
The Sacha Drake website has a body types guide to use then when you shop, each garment displays the relevant shape icons so you know if it will flatter your type of body. As you can see on the icon guide below, this particular dress is suitable for all body shapes (including pregnancy) .
How it works
The dress is all one piece and made from luxurious pleated polyester jersey that feels delicious on your skin (designed and made in Australia). There’s the strapless dress section, with perfect soft falling pleats, and two attached straps to tie and shape around your body.
If you’re looking for a something special to wear, have a look at the Sacha Drake webiste because there are many incredible dresses, stretch solutions, convertible dresses and other gorgeous pieces (like this pencil skirt that is on my wish list).
I’ll finish with this inspiring quote from Sacha Drake, declaring the heart behind the brand. I can see this value reflected in the clothes she makes and the smile on my face.
“I use my talent to make women happy.
I like to design clothes that boost women’s confidence.
This is my contribution to the world!”
— Sacha Drake
Giveaway now ended. Congratulations Corinne Jones!
I’m thrilled to be giving Be A Fun Mum readers a chance to win a Sacha Drake Grecian Convertible Maxi Dress.
When I was thinking about a question to ask here, I could have gone for something like, “What do you enjoy most about wearing a dress?”. However, I feel so challenged by Sacha’s approach and I am going to ask a question inspired by the Sacha Drake brand. I look forward to reading the responses.
1. Like Sacha Drake on Facebook
2. Leave a comment below to answer this question: How do you use your talent, passions or resources to make others happy?
- Competition begins at 06.00 (AEDT) on Wednesday 30 April 2014 and closes at 22:00 (AEDT) on Friday 9 May 2014
- Open to Australian Residents Only
- Dress valued at $299
- Please read the full terms and conditions here.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Backyard Hurdles - October 25, 2016
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016