Today, Bec, mum of 3, is sharing a cute Easter gift idea to make with kids using a recycled egg carton.
Paint (or you can use texta)
Felt scraps (if you don’t have felt scraps, you can use cardboard)
Solid eggs (to fill)
What to do
1. Cut two cups from the egg carton. Be sure to cut deep up into the V on one side as this will make the tail on the base cup. (See picture above)
2. Let the kids paint and decorate! I used yellow but any paint colour or even texta (felt pen) can be used.
3. Staple the two egg carton cups together at the base of the tail where it connects to the rest of the carton cup (allowing the tail to stick out) to form the head and body.
4. Cut out a beak, wings and feet from the felt. Glue onto the body and allow to dry. Tip: if you don’t have felt that readily available, cut beak/wing sized pieces out of cardboard.
5. Draw eyes and other details with a marking texter.
My kids played with the Easter chicks just as they were, but we decided to fill ours up with Easter eggs and gift them.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016
- A Mural - October 17, 2016