Egg Carton Chicken (filled with chocolate eggs)

April 17, 2014

Egg Carton Chicky Chocolate Holder

Today, Bec, mum of 3, is sharing a cute Easter gift idea to make with kids using a recycled egg carton.

Materials

Egg carton
Paint (or you can use texta)
Stapler
Felt scraps (if you don’t have felt scraps, you can use cardboard)
Craft glue
Permanent Marker
Solid eggs (to fill)

Egg Carton Chicky - materials you need

What to do

1. Cut two cups from the egg carton. Be sure to cut deep up into the V on one side as this will make the tail on the base cup. (See picture above)

2. Let the kids paint and decorate! I used yellow but any paint colour or even texta (felt pen) can be used.

3. Staple the two egg carton cups together at the base of the tail where it connects to the rest of the carton cup (allowing the tail to stick out) to form the head and body.

4. Cut out a beak, wings and feet from the felt. Glue onto the body and allow to dry. Tip: if you don’t have felt that readily available, cut beak/wing sized pieces out of cardboard.

5. Draw eyes and other details with a marking texter.

My kids played with the Easter chicks just as they were, but we decided to fill ours up with Easter eggs and gift them.

Easy Egg Carton Chicky

Hatched Chicken Template

10 Ways to Gift Easter Eggs

Different ways to use egg cartons

Easter Craft and Activities

Elisha RossNo Gravatar April 17, 2014 at 8:13 pm

I love this one. Thanks for the idea and instructions. The kids are going to have a great afternoon with their cousin on Saturday..

Dave WhilockNo Gravatar April 18, 2014 at 1:56 am

I’ve been searching for Easter projects my kids could do for the holidays, and this is a great add on the list!
Thanks for sharing

Sandie @ AppleBee LaneNo Gravatar April 18, 2014 at 11:41 am

This is such a cool little activity … I’m babysitting my nieces tomorrow so this should keep them busy for a little while … thanks for the idea!

PennyNo Gravatar April 19, 2014 at 6:57 am

Nawww, these are too cute. I’m so going to make them next year with Miss Possum. She’ll love giving those to her classmates. Plus, it’s recycling. You rock!

Sarah BurginNo Gravatar April 21, 2014 at 9:50 am

Oh my gosh, these are adorable! I should have seen this a few days ago, would’ve made a great project for the kids.
Happy Easter!

top hair care products australiaNo Gravatar May 31, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Just how much folic acid do you need to notice a difference in your hair growth.
Never wash your hair with very hot or very cold water. It becomes
difficult to treat these scars and therefore acne must be treated
with the help of oral drugs and topical creams and lotions.