I sometimes decorate hard boiled eggs with faces for the children’s lunch box. Around Easter, it’s fun to decorate eggs as an activity by using a non toxic Sharpie markers. Even though the pens are classified as non-toxic, I only use them on the shell so it doesn’t come in contact with the egg inside. It’s easy and relative mess free.
Non Toxic Sharpie or crayon
1. Decorate the egg however you like!
–> Tip! Egg & Spoon Game!
Play an egg and spoon race with the colourful eggs in the backyard! The fun thing is the eggs will crack if you drop them which makes the game more dramatic!
Keeping and Storing
Hard boiled eggs (to eat) need to need to stored in the refrigerator (and shouldn’t be out of the fridge for more than two hours). If kept in their shells, the eggs will keep in the fridge for a week. *according to eatbydate.com
If you don’t plan on eating the decorated hard boiled eggs, display them somewhere in the house at room temperature for a few days before throwing out.
Decorate boiled eggs with temporary tattoos
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- How Technology Has Changed Since We Were at School - April 21, 2015
- Mother’s Day: Cupcake Case Flower Arrangement - April 20, 2015
- Lunch Box Story Friends – Woodlands - April 19, 2015
- GOOD CHOICE Sauces by Fountain - April 17, 2015