Eating pancakes in the morning with the trees above my head and the song of birds in my ears: it’s something I look forward to each camping trip. In the past, I often purchased the pre-made shake and pour pancake mixes, however, this camping trip, I packed flour (already measured out) in a plastic Sistema container and it was just as easy and delicious (and cheaper!). This recipe can be whipped together with only 2 other ingredients so it’s great for camping. For our family of 6, we usually double the recipe.
Tip: make sure the container is big enough to fit the flour and then (when you want to make it) the extra ingredients also, so you don’t need an extra bowl to mix it up in.
1 Cup SR Flour
1 Cup Milk
1. Measure milk and crack egg directly into the container with the already-measured flour.
2. Mix well with a fork.
3. Pour onto a oiled hot plate. We use a small portable BBQ and use spray oil.
4. When many bubbles start to form, turn pancakes with a egg flipper to the other side. Cook for a few minutes until golden.
5. Load with toppings and enjoy! We like knobs of butter, maple syrup and cream.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Backyard Hurdles - October 25, 2016
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016