Eating pancakes in the morning with the trees above my head and the song of birds in my ears: it’s something I look forward to each camping trip. In the past, I often purchased the pre-made shake and pour pancake mixes, however, this camping trip, I packed flour (already measured out) in a plastic Sistema container and it was just as easy and delicious (and cheaper!). This recipe can be whipped together with only 2 other ingredients so it’s great for camping. For our family of 6, we usually double the recipe.
Tip: make sure the container is big enough to fit the flour and then (when you want to make it) the extra ingredients also, so you don’t need an extra bowl to mix it up in.
1 Cup SR Flour
1 Cup Milk
1. Measure milk and crack egg directly into the container with the already-measured flour.
2. Mix well with a fork.
3. Pour onto a oiled hot plate. We use a small portable BBQ and use spray oil.
4. When many bubbles start to form, turn pancakes with a egg flipper to the other side. Cook for a few minutes until golden.
5. Load with toppings and enjoy! We like knobs of butter, maple syrup and cream.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Corn Fritters - March 26, 2015
- Nest Cupcakes - March 24, 2015
- Plastic Egg Faces - March 24, 2015
- Beautiful Mother’s Day Gift: Your Child’s Handwriting on a Necklace - March 22, 2015