Second hand shops are filled with all sorts of finds. It’s easy to find cheap prints and paintings which can be used as a base for a painting activity. It’s not about disrespecting the original artists work but recycling materials and creative inspiration. Plus it’s a fun and cheap activity, especially great for older kids.
Look for a print or painting at a second hand shop and draw or paint in creatures or other accents.
Make it pretty or magical; crazy or weird; natural or abstract.
- Paint- Glitter & sparkles- Collage- Permanent Markers- Paint pens
I found this painted board for $2 and was fascinated how my daughter decided to decorate it. She added creatures and enhanced the already established landscape.
I came back later to find this sticker on the painting. Made me laugh. WINNER!
Pin the idea for later
You can find me on Pinterest here.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Family Internet Safety - January 26, 2015
- Coffee with Tea: House Tour - January 23, 2015
- Muesli Bar Recipe (nut free) - January 21, 2015
- School Shoes for Kids (plus $250 Mathers/Williams Giveaway) - January 20, 2015