Second hand shops are filled with all sorts of finds. It’s easy to find cheap prints and paintings which can be used as a base for a painting activity. It’s not about disrespecting the original artists work but recycling materials and creative inspiration. Plus it’s a fun and cheap activity, especially great for older kids.
Look for a print or painting at a second hand shop and draw or paint in creatures or other accents.
Make it pretty or magical; crazy or weird; natural or abstract.
– Paint– Glitter & sparkles– Collage– Permanent Markers– Paint pens
I found this painted board for $2 and was fascinated how my daughter decided to decorate it. She added creatures and enhanced the already established landscape.
I came back later to find this sticker on the painting. Made me laugh. WINNER!
Pin the idea for later
You can find me on Pinterest here.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Backyard Hurdles - October 25, 2016
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016