These are rich to eat and quick to make. The texture is somewhere between a cupcake and a brownie. I make these mini brownie/cupcake bites for an afternoon treat for the kids sometimes. I do recommend doing them in a mini cupcacke/muffin size rather than regular size because they are rich and delicious. Great for parties and that sort of thing too. You only need 3 ingredients.
- 1 cup (280g) Nutella (or other hazelnut spread)
- 2 eggs
- 10 tbsp (60g) flour
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Add all ingredients to Thermomix
- Mix on speed 6 for 5 seconds.
- Scrape sides down and mix for another 3 seconds
- Spoon mixture into mini cupcake cases
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes (until centre is cooked and cake springs back when touched)
- For the non Thermomix method, simply mix together all ingredients and the rest of the recipe is the same.
- If you're making it into a larger size, the cooking time will have to be adjusted.
- Add nuts, a smear of Nutella or white choc bits to the top!
White Chocolate Icing
I made white chocolate icing to dollop on top of the Mini Nutella Cupcakes. This was a bit of a slap together so I’m not swearing by this recipe but it worked for me and my taste testers thought it delicious.
30 grams white chocolate
1 tablespoon of water
115 grams Icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Melt chocolate. I do this by boiling a small saucepan of water. Then sitting a ceramic or stainless steel bowl (large enough to go on top of the saucepan) keep stirring until chocolate melts. It only takes a minute or so.
2. Add chocolate mixture with all other ingredients and beat until combined.
This is a quite a thick mixture because I wanted it to sit a certain way but you could add a little milk if needed.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- How Technology Has Changed Since We Were at School - April 21, 2015
- Mother’s Day: Cupcake Case Flower Arrangement - April 20, 2015
- Lunch Box Story Friends – Woodlands - April 19, 2015
- GOOD CHOICE Sauces by Fountain - April 17, 2015