I saved bread shapes from the Egg in the Basket I made for dinner to use in the lunch box the next day. It makes for an interesting change from a regular sandwich in the lunch box.
Tomato sauce (optional)
1. Cut bread shapes out of bread using a cookie cutter. I used the left over bread for Egg in the Basket. You can also use the bread to make bread crumbs and use in this meatball or chicken meatball recipe.
2. Put a layer of baking paper down on an oven tray.
3. Lay bread shapes over tray.
4. Sprinkle bread with grated cheese.
5. Place another bread shape on top.
6. Cook in an 170°C oven for about 15 minutes, until the bread is golden and crisp and the cheese is melted. You can cook in a regular sandwich press instead.
I made these the night before and kept in an air tight container overnight to use in the lunch box of the morning. I haven’t tried freezing them but I think they will work well. I’ll come and update this once I’ve tried it.
Variation: add a little ham with the cheese; add a spread of tomato sauce
Another lunch box idea
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016
- A Mural - October 17, 2016