These ginger snowballs are not the healthiest option (I often make alternatives, like apricot balls or date & oat balls). However, they are great for parties, a fun treat and I do put them in my kids lunch box sometimes (the children love it when I do. They are simple to make and freeze well too. Recipe Card
- 5 Weet-bix
- 250g packet gingernut biscuits
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 395 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup grated/desiccated coconut (for coating)
- In a food processor or Thermomix, combine the biscuits & Weet-bix. Thermomix: turn slowly to 7 for 10 seconds. (Note: If you don't have a processor, place ingredients in a zip lock bag and crush gently with a rolling pin).
- Add apricot and combine. Thermomix: turn slowly to 7 for 10 seconds.
- Add condensed milk and mix together. Theremomix: turn slowly to speed 9 for 10 seconds.
- Form the mixture into small balls with your hands and cover in coconut. Makes 30-35.
- Refrigerate for half and hour before serving.
- Tip: Add ½ cup chopped crystallised ginger for more of a ginger taste
- Freeze: I freeze these and put them directly into the lunch box of a morning.
Lunch Box Idea
- Flat bread (great served with bean dip, tomato sauce, tzatziki, hummus)
- Boiled Egg
- Ginger snowballs
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- No Bake – Bedtime Teddies - September 20, 2016
- Disney’s Pete’s Dragon - September 8, 2016
- Bean Bag Games – How to Make No Sew Sock Bean Bags - September 7, 2016
- Getting Back into Exercise – Week 1 - August 31, 2016