I did this with my children last year and they loved it! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Easter is a little while away, but I wanted to share this idea now because it’s an easy way to decorate eggs around Easter time (or any time really) and the end result is fan-tastic! I usually look out for a packet of temporary tattoos in my everyday travels and stick them in the cupboard ready for an opportune moment closer to Easter. It’s about being prepared for spontaneous fun. See what I did there?
Take a heap of these pretty eggs on a picnic, add to the lunch box or have an egg decorating afternoon, just because it’s fun.
Temporary Tattoo Egg
Hard Boiled Egg (cooled)
1. Cut the tattoo to size. Keep in mind the tattoo will need to be small enough to fit on the front of an egg.
2. Peel off the protective clear layer on top of the tattoo.
3. Press the tattoo face down on to the egg.
4. Carefully place a wet washer over the back of the tattoo and hold firm for about 10 seconds. Then gently press the washer down over the entire area to transfer the tattoo on the egg shell.
5. Remove the wet backing paper and you’re done!
A fun surprise in the lunchbox:
- Tinned corn
- Apple muffin
- Cheese sandwich on brown bread
- Red grape
- Decorated Easter Boiled Egg
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016
- A Mural - October 17, 2016