Heart Cookie Cutter
Small sharp knife
1. Trim the skin off a whole pineapple and slice thinly so you have roundish pieces.
2. Use a cookie cutter in the centre of each pineapple slice to remove the core. If the cookie cutter doesn’t cut cleanly through the fruit, use a sharp knife to loosen.
3. Cut a slice of watermelon, ensuring the thickness is even.
4. Make heart shaped pieces of watermelon using the cookie cutter. If the cookie cutter doesn’t cut cleanly through the fruit, use a sharp knife to loosen.
5. Place the watermelon heart piece inside the pineapple slice.
- Don’t throw any off-cuts away (even the pineapple core). Pop in a container, and places in the fridge or freezer and use in juices, smoothies or recipes.
- Freeze for a fun frozen treat.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Outdoor Christmas Ideas - December 17, 2014
- Book Review: Bully On the Bus - December 17, 2014
- Christmas Wish List Printable (Want-Need-Wear-Read) - December 14, 2014
- Life-Sized Gingerbread House - December 13, 2014