Quest: search for something.
My kids love that element of excitement in a quest. It’s like a treasure hunt. A Street Name Quest is a cheap and easy activity (and you discover new places along the way).
Search on a directory like Google Maps or I find Street-Directory.com.au good for this type of thing. Look for street names the same as your child/ren in a certain kilometre radius (we like travelling so we look in a 100km radius). If there are no relevant street names around your area, there are many different name quests to try. Here are some ideas:
- Middle names
- Character names, like Teddy Street (bring a toy along to photograph)
- Items like Car Street
- Favourite destinations (like Paris)
- Hero names (Prince, Princess)
I found 74 Kelly Streets in Australia, and one in my radius.
Put the coordinates or address in a GPS device and go for a drive.
Photograph the street with the respective person, toy or entire family.
Idea: Enlarge the photograph and print a cool poster for the bedroom wall.
Find a nearby park, have a picnic and make a day of it.
We love doing this sort of activity as a family because it takes us out and about in new places. It’s exciting!
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Outdoor Christmas Ideas - December 17, 2014
- Book Review: Bully On the Bus - December 17, 2014
- Christmas Wish List Printable (Want-Need-Wear-Read) - December 14, 2014
- Life-Sized Gingerbread House - December 13, 2014