This is the cupcake recipe I’ve been using for a long time. Now I have a Thermomix (you can my review of the Thermomix here if you’re interested) I’m converting some of my favourite recipes over and below is both methods on how to whip up these deliciously decadent (yet simple) cupcakes.
3/4 cup white sugar (170 grams)
125 grams butter (cubed)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk (120 grams)
2 cups self-raising flour (300 grams)
1. Cream butter and sugar
2. Add eggs & vanilla and mix
3. Add Milk and mix
4. Add flour & salt and mix
5. Divide into cupcake cases (makes 12-16).
6. Cook in a 170°C oven for 15 mintues or until slightly golden on top and the cakes spring back to touch.
1. Add sugar and butter to the bowl. Mix on speed 9 for 10 secs. Then add the butterfly and mix on speed 4 for 30 seconds.
Tip: If you need to soften the butter, use 37 degree on speed soft for a minute before adding the sugar.
2. Remove butterfly and scrape down sides of the bowl with a spatular. Add eggs, vanilla and milk and mix on speed 5 for 5 seconds.
3. Add flour and salt and mix on speed 6 for 5 seconds.
4. Divide into cupcake cases (makes 12-16)
5. Cook in a 170°C oven for 15 mintues or until slightly golden on top and the cakes spring back to touch.
(I used 3M Scotch® Expressions Packing Tape in the pic above)
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016
- A Mural - October 17, 2016