This paper weight rock will add a splash of colour to Dad’s desk. The secret to a great paper weight is finding a good sized rock that has a flat-ish bottom so it sits well.
Smooth rock that sits fairly flat
Paint Pen (or permanent marker)
1. Paint rock. Allow to dry.
2. Use a paint pen (or permanent marker) to write the word DAD on the rock
3. Optional: for a nice finish, once the rock is dry, coat with a product like Jo Sonja’s Gloss Varnish – Indoor & Outdoor Use
Tip: For something fun, write Dad Rocks! (pun intended)
Other Father’s Day Craft Ideas
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Coffee with Tea: House Tour - January 23, 2015
- Muesli Bar Recipe (nut free) - January 21, 2015
- School Shoes for Kids (plus $250 Mathers/Williams Giveaway) - January 20, 2015
- DIY Miniature Grassy Hill in the Backyard - January 20, 2015