Meatballs: They are kid-friendly, versatile and fun to eat. This is how I make them.
250 grams pork mince
250 grams beef mince
1 grated carrot
1 grated zucchini
1 small diced onion
1 cup bread crumbs
Sweet chili sauce to taste (2-3 tablespoons)
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil (for frying)
1. Mix all ingredients (expect oil) together in a large bowl.
2. Form balls using your hands.
3. Heat oil in a fry pan and brown the meatballs carefully. They don’t need to be cooked through, just browned on the outside.
4. Place browned meat balls on a baking paper lined tray and cook in a 180°C oven for about 25 minutes, until cooked through.
5. I did a double batch, and made some large for rissoles, and a heap of meatballs to freeze for another meal (they freeze very well).
I use this recipe to make:
- Rissoles (made a little larger than the meatballs) served with handcut wedges and vegetables
- Meatballs in a tomato sauce with pasta or rice
- With finger food for a light dinner (carrot sticks, cherry tomato, celery sticks, garlic bread)
- Meatball & Noodle Soup
More Easy Dinners
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Outdoor Christmas Ideas - December 17, 2014
- Book Review: Bully On the Bus - December 17, 2014
- Christmas Wish List Printable (Want-Need-Wear-Read) - December 14, 2014
- Life-Sized Gingerbread House - December 13, 2014