My daughter (ten) invited a school friend over for a play this school holidays. I decided to organise a craft for them, in case they wanted to do a small project during the day. One of my German readers mentioned a washer necklaces in one of her posts, and it looked easy (and cheap) and I had all the materials already in the house. Well, well, talk about easy, and they look cute too.
Washer (any size from hardware store )
1. Paint one side of the washer with nail polish (a few coats is best). Due to the strong smell of the nail polish, we found it best to work in a ventilated area. Allow to dry (drying between coats is quick; 5-10 minutes).
2. Half a length of string and feed the centre loop through the washer middle.
3. Feed the two ends back through the loop to secure the washer. This way the washer will sit flat against the body.
4. If desired, add a few beads to each length of string, either side of the washer.
5. Tie a knot with the two ends of the the string (making sure it can be removed easily over the head).
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- A Child-Sized City, Run by Kids: KidZania in Dubai - January 27, 2015
- Family Internet Safety - January 26, 2015
- 10 Ways to Entertain Kids on a Road Trip - January 24, 2015
- Coffee with Tea: House Tour - January 23, 2015