I’ve been slack. Well, maybe not so much slack as uninspired when it comes to afternoon tea food for the kids. As the cooler weather sets in, I’ve noticed the children are more hungry after school and I’ve found myself falling back on to biscuits to tie them over to dinner. Now, I don’t have a big problem with biscuits sometimes, but on a regular basis, it’s not what I want to feed my kids. Ideally, I like providing food I made myself (so I know what’s in it) and like offering fresh fruit and veges in the afternoon too; carrots & apples are a favourite.
One of the challenges for me is many afternoons after I’m doing extra curricular activities with the kids so I need to be organised to bring food with me to school. I just needed some inspiration so I asked the question on my Be A Fun Mum Facebook Page — and seriously, if you’re feeling a bit stuck like me, there are HEAPS of wonderful food ideas (read through them all here).
One of ideas someone suggested is this corn & cheese muffins recipe. So quick and easy…and perfect for the lunchbox too! I’m going to experiment a little with this one and add some grated zucchini and Greek yogurt next time to see how it goes.
Savoury Corn & Cheese Muffins
1 420g Can Creamed Corn
1 Can SR Flour
1 Can Grated Cheese
1. Combine all ingredients (it will be quite a dry-ish chunky mixture). The cool thing about this is you can use the empty creamed corn tin to measure the cheese and flour which makes it super quick and easy.
2. Bake in a 180°C oven until golden (about 15-20 minutes)
I’ll be making a huge batch to freeze so I can pull them out any time I need. Thanks facebook community for your help. You rock.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016
- A Mural - October 17, 2016