Savoury Corn & Cheese Muffins Recipe (3 Ingredients!)

May 9, 2013

corn and cheese muffins recipe 3 ingredients

I’ve been slack.  Well, maybe not so much slack as uninspired when it comes to afternoon tea food for the kids. As the cooler weather sets in, I’ve noticed the children are more hungry after school and I’ve found myself falling back on to biscuits to tie them over to dinner.  Now, I don’t have a big problem with biscuits sometimes, but on a regular basis, it’s not what I want to feed my kids.  Ideally, I like providing food I made myself (so I know what’s in it) and like offering fresh fruit and veges in the afternoon too; carrots & apples are a favourite.

One of the challenges for me is many afternoons after I’m doing extra curricular activities with the kids so I need to be organised to bring food with me to school.  I just needed some inspiration so I asked the question on my Be A Fun Mum Facebook Page — and seriously, if you’re feeling a bit stuck like me, there are HEAPS of wonderful food ideas (read through them all here).

One of ideas someone suggested is this corn & cheese muffins recipe. So quick and easy…and perfect for the lunchbox too!  I’m going to experiment a little with this one and add some grated zucchini and Greek yogurt next time to see how it goes.

Savoury Corn & Cheese Muffins

Ingredients

1 420g Can Creamed Corn

1 Can SR Flour

1 Can Grated Cheese

Method

1. Combine all ingredients (it will be quite a dry-ish chunky mixture).  The cool thing about this is you can use the empty creamed corn tin to measure the cheese and flour which makes it super quick and easy.

2. Bake in a 180°C oven until golden (about 15-20 minutes)

cheese and corn muffin recipe 3 ingredients

I’ll be making a huge batch to freeze so I can pull them out any time I need.  Thanks facebook community for your help. You rock.

Morning Glory Muffins

4 Ingredients Coconut Bread Recipe

AlanaNo Gravatar May 9, 2013 at 11:24 am

how easy do they sound!!! definitely giving these a go!

LanaNo Gravatar May 9, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Saw these on your Facebook post yesterday and made them ‘with’ my 2 year old this morning…so easy! Good luck with the experimentation and thanks for your inspiration.

AllyNo Gravatar May 9, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Grated cheese doesn’t come in a can in my geographic location. How many grams is one can of grated cheese?

Kelly Be A Fun MumNo Gravatar May 9, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Hi Ally. You use the empty can of creamed corn for measuring. So just put the creamed corn in a bowl, then use the empty can and measure in your grated cheese (whatever brand you like — full fat cheese works best) and then do the same with the SR flour. That make sense?

Kelly

AllyNo Gravatar May 9, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Thank you! I have a pesky procedural brain. If I don’t understand something, I get stuck on it, and I can’t read any further. It was a real pain in school. I see it in the procedure now.

Maureen BloklandNo Gravatar May 13, 2013 at 10:12 am

Kelly, these were super-easy! Made them Sunday morning, with added grated zucchini, for church Morning tea…..They were gone in seconds!! Just as well I did a double batch & had them on hand for Mother;s day picnic. So good in the cool Toowoomba weather. THANKS.

DanielleNo Gravatar May 16, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Made these today and they are so yummy. So easy that I felt guilty for saying I made them, nothing to it at all. Thanks Kelly.

Kirsten McCullochNo Gravatar August 2, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Yum! These look like a great breakfast idea to me. Wonder if my kids will eat them. I like the idea of adding zucchini too. Definitely going to try them!

Lyn DurkinNo Gravatar January 6, 2014 at 12:24 pm

I used to make them all the time with corn kernels, milk, cheese and flour… but I LOVE this idea with just the creamed corn cheese and flour.

dimityNo Gravatar January 6, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Hi lyn just wondering if you could give me the recipe for yours pls :) as I only have the kernels ty :)

Lyn DurkinNo Gravatar January 7, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Oh dear Dimity. I’m not a real recipe person. But I think I just used a cup of everything.
(SR flour, corn, grated cheese, milk or cream or yoghurt) I havent made them for a while.
It was a batter type muffin. I made them in gem irons. You heat the gem irons ( very heavy cast iron patty cake pans) grease them quickly, and get them into a hot oven, 180, fast as you can. They only take about 10 – 15 minutes.
I keep some of the grated cheese back to sprinkle on the top. They come out looking a bit squishy but SO yum and crunchy.

dimityNo Gravatar January 6, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Can you use corn kernels instead of creamed corn?