Savoury Corn & Cheese Muffins Recipe (3 Ingredients!)

corn and cheese muffins recipe 3 ingredients

I’ve been slack.  Well, maybe not so much slack as uninspired when it comes to afternoon tea food for the kids. As the cooler weather sets in, I’ve noticed the children are more hungry after school and I’ve found myself falling back on to biscuits to tie them over to dinner.  Now, I don’t have a big problem with biscuits sometimes, but on a regular basis, it’s not what I want to feed my kids.  Ideally, I like providing food I made myself (so I know what’s in it) and like offering fresh fruit and veges in the afternoon too; carrots & apples are a favourite.

One of the challenges for me is many afternoons after I’m doing extra curricular activities with the kids so I need to be organised to bring food with me to school.  I just needed some inspiration so I asked the question on my Be A Fun Mum Facebook Page — and seriously, if you’re feeling a bit stuck like me, there are HEAPS of wonderful food ideas (read through them all here).

One of ideas someone suggested is this corn & cheese muffins recipe. So quick and easy…and perfect for the lunchbox too!  I’m going to experiment a little with this one and add some grated zucchini and Greek yogurt next time to see how it goes.

Savoury Corn & Cheese Muffins

1 420g Can Creamed Corn

1 Can SR Flour

1 Can Grated Cheese

1. Combine all ingredients (it will be quite a dry-ish chunky mixture).  The cool thing about this is you can use the empty creamed corn tin to measure the cheese and flour which makes it super quick and easy.

2. Bake in a 180°C oven until golden (about 15-20 minutes)

cheese and corn muffin recipe 3 ingredients

I’ll be making a huge batch to freeze so I can pull them out any time I need.  Thanks facebook community for your help. You rock.

Morning Glory Muffins

4 Ingredients Coconut Bread Recipe

The following two tabs change content below.
Kelly loves life at both ends of the spectrum: wearing high heel shoes one day and hiking boots the next; sipping tea out of a pretty cup and slurping hot coffee from a camping mug; challenging herself physically and stopping for quiet unhurried moments to feel the wind on her face. Kelly and her husband Matthew seek to live a fun and adventurous life with their four children and pet bird.

Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)

1. Lana says

Saw these on your Facebook post yesterday and made them ‘with’ my 2 year old this morning…so easy! Good luck with the experimentation and thanks for your inspiration.

2. Ally says

Grated cheese doesn’t come in a can in my geographic location. How many grams is one can of grated cheese?

• says

Hi Ally. You use the empty can of creamed corn for measuring. So just put the creamed corn in a bowl, then use the empty can and measure in your grated cheese (whatever brand you like — full fat cheese works best) and then do the same with the SR flour. That make sense?

• Ally says

Thank you! I have a pesky procedural brain. If I don’t understand something, I get stuck on it, and I can’t read any further. It was a real pain in school. I see it in the procedure now.

3. Maureen Blokland says

Kelly, these were super-easy! Made them Sunday morning, with added grated zucchini, for church Morning tea…..They were gone in seconds!! Just as well I did a double batch & had them on hand for Mother;s day picnic. So good in the cool Toowoomba weather. THANKS.

4. Danielle says

Made these today and they are so yummy. So easy that I felt guilty for saying I made them, nothing to it at all. Thanks Kelly.

5. Lyn Durkin says

I used to make them all the time with corn kernels, milk, cheese and flour… but I LOVE this idea with just the creamed corn cheese and flour.

• Lyn Durkin says

Oh dear Dimity. I’m not a real recipe person. But I think I just used a cup of everything.
        (SR flour, corn, grated cheese, milk or cream or yoghurt) I havent made them for a while.
        It was a batter type muffin. I made them in gem irons. You heat the gem irons ( very heavy cast iron patty cake pans) grease them quickly, and get them into a hot oven, 180, fast as you can. They only take about 10 – 15 minutes.
        I keep some of the grated cheese back to sprinkle on the top. They come out looking a bit squishy but SO yum and crunchy.

6. Assunta says

Hi, Just wondering how much Greek Yoghurt and Zucchini you would use if you added them into the mixture? I want to make these for my 15 month old, and I like to pack in as many veggies as possible. Have you tried them with Carrot too?

7. Stacey says

Made these yesterday too and the first words out of my sons mouth were “Are there any more?”

Frozen a batch for school lunches and looking forward to trying out some extra veggies in there too.

Thanks for your awesome recipes!

8. Mike says

G’day Kelly,
    Not a Mum but a granddad and cook of the home. We are Grey Nomads visiting the Grand-kids all over Oz in our truck (Miranda) and 10 metre fifth wheeler van (The Shed) and having the time of our lives.
    I’m always looking for healthy, quick recipes (I’ve collected over 1200 from my best mate (Google) in the past 18 months and store them in Evernote – favourite app for PC and smartphone).
    I’m a savoury person (well a chocoholic as well), and find savoury muffin/ bread recipes unappealing as a rule.
    Thought I would cook some Muffins this morning for brunch and found this recipe – WOW!
    The adjusted recipe made 16 and I surprised SWMBO’d at morning tea with them.
    The boss asked for a third one – unheard of – ‘you want MORE?’

Well I added a suggested grated zucchini plus about 1/3 cup grated sweet potato and 2 tablespoons Greek yoghurt ( as the mix looked a bit dry). What’s really great about the original recipe is that it has no added sugar/fat – very rare these days.
    In each four of these 16 I added Mexican Chilli, Dill, Parmesan cheese and mixed herbs – one of each of those herbs/spices to 4 muffins.
    Tried half of each warm and was blown away. The chilli is my favourite and HJ’s is the Parmesan
    This will be my go to muffin recipe from now on.

Now on to your coconut bread recipe – which also looks delish but healthy with coconut syrup in place of the sugar. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Your site makes great reading and my 2 daughters and 2 Daughters in Law now have the address – many thanks Kelly

• says

Mike, thank you for such a lovely, interesting and helpful comment. Sounds like you’re having an awesome time travelling our wonderful country. Although I do most of the cooking around here, my husband enjoys it more (and is better at it!) and so he cooks whenever he can.

I’m glad the recipe was such a hit. Thank you for the variation to try too! I’d be very interested to see how you go with the coconut bread. It’s such an easy one and good for the lunch box, but I have been wondering how to reduce the white sugar content!!

All the best for your next leg of the journey, and please pass on my hello to your 2 daughters and daughter in laws.