The happiness in his face says it all!
I’ve seen this sort of ice treasure hunt idea a few times while searching the Internet, and I thought it looked like fun. My son loves ice, and we’ve done different things before using it in play: Arctic Play Scene, Ice Cube Painting, Dinosaur Ice Blocks. The idea of the treasure hunt is to use tools (or water to melt the ice) to dislodge the toys from the ice.
Ice Treasure Hunt
Large plastic container (empty ice cream containers work well)
Plastic toys (that won’t get damanged when wet
Food colouring (optional)
- Fill a large plastic container with water (we added a little blue colouring)
- Place a selection plastic toys inside
- Freeze for about 8 hours (until solid)
- I gave my son plastic tools and eye protection (ice does tend to fly around), and he loved smashing the ice and finding the toys inside. You can also use water to melt the ice (hot or cold).
Perfect for these hot summer days!
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- No Bake – Bedtime Teddies - September 20, 2016
- Disney’s Pete’s Dragon - September 8, 2016
- Bean Bag Games – How to Make No Sew Sock Bean Bags - September 7, 2016
- Getting Back into Exercise – Week 1 - August 31, 2016