Oh how my son has grown this past year! It struck me as we set up the Thomas Trackmaster Risky Rails Bridge Drop train set for this year’s Ultimate Trackmaster Search. Son and I did a similar thing last year and it’s so much fun because it brings a different and creative aspect to familiar play. A year on, and son and I are still playing trains, with what I think is the best Trackmaster track yet! There’s a brand a new competition for 2012 with loads of cool prizes; if you have a Thomas fan in the family, this is a fun activity to do together.
My son last year, and there’s a cute video here.
A year later and there’s not a glimpse of my baby anymore; it’s all boy. I adore his facial expressions as he engaged with the train as it motored around the track.
About The Ultimate Trackmaster Search Competition
The Ultimate Trackmaster Search is about encouraging kids to use their imaginations, be creative and have fun with the TrackMaster range. The idea is for the child to build their most imaginative/crazy TrackMaster set, video their track and themselves in action then submit their video to go in the running for weekly entry prizes, and also in the running for the Major Prize which is determined by the most votes.
If you have Thomas Trackmaster track (any type), this is a fun activity to do, and entering is really easy.
1. Set up the track.
2. Do a simple video.
3. Submit the video and fill the entry form here: The Ultimate TrackMaster Competition
The prizes are fabulous, and for son and I, the fun was in the activity: setting up, playing and filming.
There are 3 different prize types:
- Each week, over a period of 10 weeks, 5 entries will win 1 TrackMaster Risky Rails Bridge Drop Playset and 1 TrackMaster Little Friends Engine.
- Each week, over a period of 10 weeks, 1 voter will win TrackMaster Risky Rails Bridge Drop Playset and one Thomas& Friends Blue Mountain Mystery DVD.
- At the conclusion of the competition the video with the most votes will win the major prize which is estimated at $8000 retail value. Thomas & Friends merchandise will contribute to $3000 of this value. The second part of the prize is a Puffing Billy Day out with Thomas in Victoria, Australia, including a private tuition on how to drive Thomas
Thomas Trackmaster Risky Rails Bridge Drop
If you want to know about the track we are using, it’s the Thomas Trackmaster Risky Rails Bridge Drop, part of the Blue Mountain Quarry series. Below is our video.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Outdoor Christmas Ideas - December 17, 2014
- Book Review: Bully On the Bus - December 17, 2014
- Christmas Wish List Printable (Want-Need-Wear-Read) - December 14, 2014
- Life-Sized Gingerbread House - December 13, 2014