My Everday Makeup

my everyday make up tutorial

I wear makeup most days because it makes me feel fresh and happy. I’ve experimented with many types of makeup and different ways to apply it, and have fine tuned my everyday look in under 2 minutes.  By applying my makeup in layers, it lasts all day but still looks natural.  This means I use moisturiser, then a base reflector, then powder — all very quick to put on.  The products I use are pretty fail safe too, so I can work with them fast. For example, I prefer loose powder foundation to liquid for everyday because it’s quicker to put on and you can’t really get it wrong.

My Everyday Make Up Tools

my everyday make up tools

Steps

1: Moisturise: trilogy Face Care — Vital Moisturising Cream

2: Correct & Brighten Base: L’Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream

3. Concealer: MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer NW25

4. Powder: Natio Mineral Powder (My favourite is Youngblood Loose Mineral Powder)

5.  Blush: Estee Lauder Natural Cheek Color 06 Rose Desire (which they don’t make anymore)    Brush: MAC 107SE

6. Eyebrows:  Minenesse 24 HR Brow Lift & Shape Mascara

7. Mascara: I’m just using a cheap brand but my favourite is Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Mascara

8. Lips: BH Cosmetics 32 Colors Lip Pallet

If I’m going somewhere special, I add…

9. Eyeliner: MAC Eye Khol A19

10. Eyes shadow: BH Cosmetics 120 Colors Eye Pallet — #3rd Edition

What I’m Wearing

Necklace is from Kellie Christie

Top by Mix Apparrel

Comments

Goodness you are so organised…i must admit i have been a little slack in the makeup department since having the twins and not going to work everyday…now i seem to be lucky to slap some foundation and blush on!!! You look gorgeous in those photos by the way!

2. Samantha says

Hi, Kelly? I think you look awesome in the before picture, you don’t need to wear make-up. But I understand that it makes you feel fresh and confident. I feel the same. I don’t wear make-up everyday, mostly due to time constraints, but I do feel good when I wear it. I’m a Body Shop at Home consultant, so use all Body Shop products, my fave being the Nature’s Minerals powder foundation, for the same reason, you can not get it wrong! ( And it’s SPF 25 so I’ve got my sunscreen covered as well!!)

You look gorgeous without makeup, Kel, but thanks for this; I’ve learnt something! I prefer natural too but with age, my skin doesn’t glow like it used to. I definitely have grey rings and a few more blotches and my lips are paler. I so miss those days of ruddy cheeks!

Great tutorial Kelly! You look gorgeous in the before shot too by the way. I wear make-up every day too, even if I’m not going out. It just makes me feel better. Mirenesse is one of my favourite brands too and Natio is good for its price. Something I love from the Natio range and use every day is their Mineral Pressed Powder Bronzer and Enhancer. It has a really great highlighter in it and just gives a really nice glow.

Thanks so much for this, it’s perfect timing. I’ve never worn makeup – about once a year for the Christmas party – and I have no idea. Many years with fair dry skin in the desert have taken their toll. And I’m starting a new office job in the city tomorrow so vague thoughts of maybe I should do something were floating around.

I’ve been watching this and looking for your products in the store, I now have the BB cream and a concealer plus I already had powder. I can’t believe the difference something so simple makes in just looking smoother and less tired!

There just don’t seem to be people to ask these days – the women at the makeup counter have all disappeared. So thank you for a nice simple explanation of the basics.

• says

I somehow missed this comment Deb. I’m so, so glad it was helpful. You’re not going back teaching?? Are you doing more research based stuff? I hope the first day in the new job went well. A friend of mine was recently asking me about a blog with science stuff for kids and I sent her directly to your blog. :)

6. Genevieve says

Kelly you have inspired me to try and wear a little make up. Have bought the basics so wish me luck lol
    Would love to see how you do your eye liner and eye shadow too :)

7. Sarah says

You have great features and very nice skin. I wouldn’t even bother if I were you. I however do not look that good without makeup and will be using your tips. Thanks!