I love organising, reorganising and experimenting to find systems that work for me. But like most things in my life, it only takes a busy week or a few unexpected bumps to throw everything off course.
Well, meet inside my handbag. It’s terrible! I couldn’t find anything so I was hanging out for a spare 30 minutes to clean and reorganise.
I bet your bag never looked this bad. I can’t believe how much crap I accumulated. No, actually I can. There was a belt, empty blowing bubbles container, socks, plastic whistle, necklace…and a Fantale lolly wrapper. I haven’t eaten a Fantale for ages so I have no idea where that came from. And yes: now I want one.
After culling rubbish and putting misfits back where they belong, this is what I was left with. Ah yes, the handbag staples.
In my handbag
- Notebook (gift from my friend Renee)
- Papaw Ointment
- Card holder (for business cards)
- Finlee and Me Balloon Cover plus balloons in a zip lock bag (this means I always have something fun for the kids to do when out, at a park, visiting and travelling)
- Sunglasses (x2)
- Lip Gloss
- Folded Plastic Bags (see how I fold them here)
- Pain medication
- Coin purse
- Hair bands and bobby pins (to throw my hair up on the run)
- A few small toys
- Bag hook
How I organise my bag
I like handbags with minimal pockets so most of my items stay inside the main part of the bag. I divide some of the contents in sections.
Items not used everyday
These are the items I don’t tend to use ever day but I like to have on hand. I keep all these things in a small Lopees bag.
I also use Borne Naked bag liners to separate and group items. They are fab.
I get migraines and headaches sometimes so I like to carry pain relief with me in case. I use an empty child proof screw top container and cut up some medications from cards to put inside so I know exactly what it is.
I keep my lip gloss and sunscreen (and Papaw for my lips in Winter) in a small zipped Lopees bag because I use these items almost everyday.
I put everything back in my bag, including a yellow toy tractor and a guinea pig figurine, because I just might need them one day.
Better. Much better.
How do you organise your handbag?
What are your top 3 handbag items?
Finlee and Me Balloon Cover — LOVE THESE
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Backyard Hurdles - October 25, 2016
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016