Imaginative Play Scene: A Fairy Door

imaginative play scene -- the fairy door

I came across The Fairy Door Store  on Facebook and I fell instantly in love with the product.  The fairy doors are all kinds of magical cuteness, sure to stimulate imaginative play for kids.  I emailed Sarah from to ask her if she would work with me to do a play scene for my blog, and so here we are.

Imaginative Play Scene

Materials

Fairy Door

Shells

Decorative stones

Fairy or small doll

Ribbon or streamers (optional)

To set up this this play scene, I placed a few shells and decorative stones at the base of a tree and used blu-tack (glue to make it permanent) the fairy door to the trunk.  I also tied a few ribbons on the tree branches above the door, and it looks truly magical! I wish I could describe the gasp of delight from my daughter when she saw this.

Fairy Door in a tree

Happiness!

playing with fairy

imaginative play scene -- fairy door

Imaginative Play Scenes

Comments

1. Tamara Alexandrovsky says

My little neice Christina is such a fairy, she would squeal for one of these. She would call her fairy Alice.

2. sarah palmer says

I love things that inspire positive play – thank you! My daughter would call her fairy Rosie or Emma as all girl things are named that for her.

3. Kym says

I have three boys who haven’t shown any interest in fairies. But I do have a beautiful friend with twin girls who would adore a fairy door. I would name their fairy ‘Columbine’….she wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers and has gentle green wings like a butterfly….and I would enjoy playing fairies with these gorgeous girls – a bit of a change to the sword wielding heroes in my boy-dominated household! :o)

4. Chloe says

Ooh how lovely! My little girl Alice would be fascinated to find a fairy door in the garden. We would call the fairy Pansy because we love the flower fairies and there are pansys at Nana’s house.

5. Rebecca Lynn says

Such a wonderful and cute idea, I have 3 girly girls, who have been asking me to make them a fairy garden for awhile now, this would be a great start !
    My Girls decided they would name their Fairy- Diamond, because which girl doesn’t like Fairies and diamonds :-)

6. Kirsty Richardson says

We would call her Rosebud – My Grandmother had a special fairy called Rosebud in her garden when I was growing up too . Great memories!

7. Carla Andrews says

My daughter would love a fairy door, she has a great imagination. She would call the fairy Waif (a name she came up with herself) :)

8. Georgina says

I don’t think we need one, I once accidently mentioned pixies at the bottom of the garden to Nat and he refused to go into the backyard for months. This would have terrified the boy.

My son is always asking me to create a fairy garden for him – this would be such a great start! I asked him what he would name his fairy. His response? “Thunder Crusher”. Ahem. Right.

10. Kate Fletcher says

I asked my youngest boy what he would name a fairy and he said Sherbet, I love these fairy doors, so cute!

11. Kirsten says

My soon to be 3 year old twin girls call me fairy princess. My girls would be fairy honey bear and fairy beefcake!! Haha

12. Sue says

My 3 year old daughter loves fairies & her fairy name would have to be Feeorin it’s – Austrian meaning a small green fairy who loves dancing and music. This describes her to a tee as she loves music & dancing & one of her favourite colours is green (the other being purple)

13. katie says

we would love some fairy magic in our house! my 3 year old son said he would name his fairy ‘ponky’ (!!!) and i think i’d name a fairy ‘twinkle’ for my little 15 month old girl – she has a cheeky twinkle in her eye!

14. Virginia Mason says

My daughter’s fairy name would be ‘Feather Catfly’ – a fairy that watches over small animals, she is only seen at midday under a quiet, cloudless sky, she wears pale blue like the sky and has multicoloured wings like a butterfly. My daughter would adore one of these doors for her fairy friend.

I’ve seen these before and they are just adorable! My name would be blueflame fairy because I have flaming red hair and get called Blue call the time. It’s perfect for me.

16. Sarah says

Belle’s fairy name would be Fairy Jean (named after her great grandmother who gave me her precious copper garden fairy).

17. Caprice says

I have 3 little girls, my eldest says she would be fairy Jayde, middle daughter Fairy Mikayla (both their names) and my youngest says Fairy Wiggles!

18. Grandma Monn says

Well this would be sooo beautiful to share with all my Grandchildren when they visit!
    I have the perfect spot!
    My favourite Fairy name is our special………”Family Fairy”…….
    and they cant wait to move in behind this beautiful door!
    Thank You sooo much!….have a great day everyone xx

Every fairy in our house is called Ruby. I have no idea why! My daughers (neither of whom is called Ruby) fixated on this name and now any new doll or imaginary play friend bears that name. And strangely, the girls don’t even find it confusing – when one of them mentions ‘Ruby’ the other always seems to know which toy she means!

20. Sonja says

My 4 year old daughter wants to be called ‘Blossom’ because that is what her Nanna, and my mum, call us both. She also likes ‘Coppertop’ for me because I’m a redhead and it was my childhood nickname….Blossom and Coppertop
    :o)

21. Andrea says

I have two daughters who both want to be fairy princess’s when they grow up (because they can be anything they want to be) and their names would be Dewdrop and Jewel.

22. Julie says

I love these Fairy Doors. So cute!
    A fairy in our house might be called Rose. We made Fairy houses out of Milk jugs, cut holes for doors and painted them, but we think it might have been too drafty and cold, as the Fairy’s didn’t stay. So having a wonderful Fairy Door would be magical! :)

23. Lis Evans says

ohhhh this would be a perfect addition to the fairy corner of our garden right near our Fairies play here sign and toad stool !!!- we have a few fairies there but our favourite is Octavia for her beautiful colours!

24. Sarahjane says

As a child I had a fairy friend who would leave me tiny little handwritten notes (which looked remarkably like my mums handwriting). I still have all these notes and would love to continue this magic for my children. Her name was Snowdrop and her friend Larkspur. I always wanted to be a fairy named Snowdrop :) (still do!)

25. Helen Macann says

I haven’t asked my 3 yr old but I’m pretty sure her fairy would be called ‘Fairy’, hahaha! Every time I ask her what the new baby is going to be called, it’s ‘Baby’!

26. Kylie D. says

Naturally I had to ask for assistance in choosing the perfect Fairy Name. My daughter suggested Emily (after herself naturally!) and my son suggested Underpants Molly. I’m rather partial to the latter…