I loved 18-year-old Dakota Fanning’s sweet hair style at the 2012 Met Ball and thought it appropriate for my girls (and myself!). The style is girly, yet effortlessly elegant.
My three daughters like trying pretty styles in their hair and we created this Scunci Look of the Week with Dakota Fanning tutorial using the gorgeous new Scunci Gem Hair Clips.
What you need
2 x mini hair elastic bands
4 bobby pins
Hair mousse (optional)
6 x hair clips (or more!)
The team at Scunci gave me Gem Hair Clips ($5.95) to try. LOVE THEM! Available in either blue or pink, they sparkle delicately and hold the hair beautifully without pulling. Perfect for special occasions and every day wear.
1. Put a little mousse in the hair before you start, and brush the hair into a middle (or natural) part. Take a small section at the side of the head.
2. Do a loose plait. Use a small hair band at the end of the plait to hold it in place while you do the same to the other side.
3. Repeat with the other side.
4. Take one plait and use a few bobby pins to fasten just behind where the other plait starts. This way, you won’t see the hair end (or the hair band) and the back piece looks seamless.
5. Take the other plait over the first one, tuck under and fasten with bobby pins.
6. Place as many gem hair clips along the loose plait and hair spray to set.
Easy! I need to try this in my hair next.
More Hair Posts
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Backyard Hurdles - October 25, 2016
- Where to Design Your Own Sports Shirts - October 21, 2016
- Bring You, Embrace the Stage, Invest in the Moments - October 21, 2016
- How to Make Candy Flowers - October 21, 2016