I’ve been thinking about family food recently and it’s wonderful to get feedback and tips from other parents on my facebook page. This week, I asked about including more vegetables into family food, and a reader shared a vegetable laden recipe for chicken balls. Isn’t that cool? That we can have that community feeling, like neighbours, even though we are scattered all around the world! I adapted the recipe a little and it’s delicious.
500 grams chicken mince
1 grated carrot
1 grated zucchini
1 shallot (or a small diced onion)
1 cup bread crumbs
Sweet chili sauce to taste (I used 2 tablespoons)
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil (for frying)
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl (expect oil).
2. Form balls using your hands.
3. Heat oil in a fry pan and brown the chicken balls carefully.
4. Place browned meat balls on a baking paper lined tray and cook in a 180°C oven for about 20 minutes, until cooked through.
Printer Friendly: Chicken Meatballs Recipe
Other Easy Dinner Recipes
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- A Child-Sized City, Run by Kids: KidZania in Dubai - January 27, 2015
- Family Internet Safety - January 26, 2015
- 10 Ways to Entertain Kids on a Road Trip - January 24, 2015
- Coffee with Tea: House Tour - January 23, 2015