This is a healthy and delicious afternoon tea I made with the children this week. They monstered it!
150 mls mild salsa
1/2 cup tin corn
1/2 cup kidney beans
3-4 wholemeal pita breads (toasted wholemeal pita bread tastes the same as white)
Olive oil spray
1. Cut the Pita bread into bite sizes and place on a tray covered in baking paper.
2. Spray with olive oil.
3. Put in a 200C oven for about 7 minutes until the bread starts to brown slightly.
4. In a bowl, mix together the salsa, beans and corn. I like dip chunky so my measurements reflect that. Just adjust the quantities until the consistency is as you like.
Heathy, easy and yummy. A great snack for afternoon tea on a winter day. Good for the lunch box too.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- A Child-Sized City, Run by Kids: KidZania in Dubai - January 27, 2015
- Family Internet Safety - January 26, 2015
- 10 Ways to Entertain Kids on a Road Trip - January 24, 2015
- Coffee with Tea: House Tour - January 23, 2015