I’m a cheat when it comes to cooking, always trying to find the easiest way to do things. I love cooking in the microwave for this reason, and this is how I make cheese sauce.
25 g butter
1 tablespoons plain flour
1 cups milk
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Place butter in a Pyrex jug and heat in the microwave for about 40 seconds, until bubbling.
2. Add flour and mix through quickly and vigorously so no lumps form.
3. Return jug to microwave and heat on high for about 40 seconds, until you see the mixture start to bubble.
4. Mix well and then slowly add milk, while continuing to stir.
5. Return jug to microwave and cook for 1 minute. Stir. Cook for another minute. Stir.
6. Add grated cheese and pepper and stir through until melted.
Pour over chicken meatballs, vegetables, lasange or other meat.
Printer Friendly: Microwave Cheese Sauce Recipe
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- Outdoor Christmas Ideas - December 17, 2014
- Book Review: Bully On the Bus - December 17, 2014
- Christmas Wish List Printable (Want-Need-Wear-Read) - December 14, 2014
- Life-Sized Gingerbread House - December 13, 2014